Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my little backyard project. For the last year I have been moved by the "change" mantra. I have been slowly trying to move to a more sustainable lifestyle. Through this blog, I am going to try and chronicle the changes and maybe inspire a few of you out there to try something new.

Most of what I have done is cheap, easy and actually saves my family money. Over the next year I have plans to expand the garden and adopt small changes that add up.

First, a little about me. I am a work from home artist living in the Virginia. We made a decision many years ago to live in the city. This gave us the ability to walk and minimize our use of the car. My neighborhood has plenty of sidewalks, and I walk the kids to school everyday.

My studio is in the backyard, so I walk to work also. In the next few days I will post about some of my projects and see where to go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment